Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL with On-Board Audio & TSM Stability Management
This is the Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL with On-Board Audio, the new Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) system, and a low-CG chassis! The truck comes fully assembled and Ready-to-Race with the Velineon Brushless Power System, TQi 2.4GHz radio system (Traxxas Bluetooth Link Module Compatible - Module sold separately), and a Race Replica painted body. Battery and charger are sold separately.
Traxxas Stability Management
This Slash 4X4 is hard-loaded for ultimate performance and realism with the Traxxas On-Board Audio, new Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) and a low-CG chassis. Traxxas On-Board Audio delivers the full short course experience with the powerful and loud sound of a 900 horsepower engine ripping through the gears. While TSM and the Low CG chassis combine for a whole new level of speed and precision behind the while.
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash 4X4 by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that “feels” what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun,with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
Traxxas On-Board Audio System
The On-Board Audio System uses sound that has been sampled from Traxxas team trucks, including the Traxxas Pro 4 short course truck driven by Traxxas' Mike Jenkins. The ON/OFF button and volume controls let you adjust the system settings, stealth mode to wide-open. The system uses a minimal amount of power from the battery so your runtime is not compromised. The intuitive sounds respond to throttle input from the transmitter. Cruise around or rip full-throttle to hear the difference in engine RPM. If you're stopped for more than 10 seconds, the engine will shut off. Just tap the throttle to hear the engine fire back up! Use the rocker switch on the included 3-channel transmitter to shift to "neutral" and hear the engine revving. Flip the switch, and launch back into racing.
Traxxas Slash 4x4 Features
- NEW Traxxas Stability Management
- NEW Traxxas On-Board Audio
- NEW Low CG Chassis
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Slash 4X4 reaches speeds in excess of 60mph!*
- Maxx Cable 12-gauge wire
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) for full Traxxas Link App capability (for use with Android 4.4 and up or iOS 4.3 and later)
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6518) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
Class-Leading Brushless Power
- Durable steel Jato-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Single-screw motor access makes gear-mesh adjustments fast and easy and the motor can be removed in just seconds
- Modular simplicity, fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated Personal Transponder Mount
- Versatile battery compartment easily adapts to multiple styles of batteries; 6 or 7-cell NiMh battery packs and various configurations of Lithium Polymer packs are no problem for Slash 4X4
- Digital high-torque Traxxas #2075 waterproof steering servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Fully adjustable oil-filled Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued all-terrain tires with high-performance foam inserts
- ProGraphix painted race replica body
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- Slash 4X4 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Slash 4X4's Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power system defines a whole new generation of outrageous electric power that doesn't know limitations and boundaries. Pour in the voltage and out comes the speed in tidal waves of force harnessed by precision throttle control. For the uninitiated, prepare yourself... the sheer brutal power combined with the Slash 4X4's four-corner grip results in tire-melting acceleration and lightning fast speed. The Velineon 3s Brushless Power System features system components that work together as an optimized package, from the patented Traxxas High-Current connector to the custom-wound motor. It's engineered together from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run-time along with precision throttle response and refined control. It's brushless performance the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and it works, no special knowledge or programming skills required.
Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
The Velineon VXL-3s speed control is loaded with high-grade technology to precisely deliver maximum power to the motor. It's engineered for today's battery technology and beyond. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
Extreme performance is standard equipment with the sensorless Velineon motor. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor deliver power and long life with near zero maintenance. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, you always get the same blistering acceleration and ballistic top speed run after run.
Equipped with Low-CG Chassis
Slash 4X4's performance refinements begin with Low-CG (low center of gravity) chassis that's unlike anything you've seen before. The battery and electronics are held as deep in the chassis as possible to position weight low in the chassis. Arrow-straight, hard-charging acceleration with Extreme Brushless Power and 4WD requires a chassis that won't flex under load. To offer the necessary rigidity, the chassis is reinforced by integrated ribs that form a triangulated structure optimized for the loads imparted by the suspension and powertrain. Underneath, the chassis is ultra-smooth to reduce drag and prevent snags whether you're blasting through whoops on the track or blazing trails in your backyard. The low-CG design dramatically increases corner speed and stability no matter where you drive. On the racecourse, Slash 4X4's low center of gravity allows high-output Velineon brushless power to be channeled into the track with superior traction, resulting in harder launches and faster lap times.
Precision 2.4GHz Control
Traxxas Slash 4X4 OBA is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology - but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Ultra Efficient Shaft-Driven 4WD
The Slash 4X4 uses just three gear meshes to drive all four wheels, eliminating the need for a multi-gear transmission. The highly efficient drivetrain spins effortlessly on rubber-sealed ball bearings, and is integrated seamlessly into the Slash 4X4's unique Low-CG chassis for optimum performance and easy maintenance. The center driveshaft is formed from extruded aluminum and extremely lightweight, contributing to the Slash 4X4's right-now acceleration. There are no dogbones to wear, no drive cups to wobble. The extrusion process creates internal splines that fit directly and securely onto the input shafts of the front and rear drive assemblies. The shaft runs perfectly straight and true with superior rigidity and durability. Traxxas engineers highlighted this important innovation with vivid blue anodizing and a laser-etched Traxxas logo.
Sealed Watertight Receiver Box
Slash 4X4's receiver is fully enclosed for protection from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal, and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. A Traxxas digital high-torque, ball bearing steering servo comes standard for precision control, quick response, and unmatched torque - all in a waterproof case. It has over 50% more torque than the Rustler's 2056 servo and is 25% faster! That's 125 oz-in torque, 0.16-second speed!
Unmatched Customer Support and Parts Availability
Unparalleled Traxxas support comes standard with every Traxxas model. Traxxas offers the most extensive product support base in the industry and provides unrivaled parts availability. Nobody works harder than Traxxas to be accessible to you. Traxxas models are about experiencing total performance and satisfaction, not just in the products, but also with the company that stands behind them. Traxxas does it best!
SpecificationsLength: 22.36 Inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Center Ground Clearance: 2.83 Inches (72mm)
Weight: 93.1oz (2.64kg)
Height (overall): 7.60 Inches (193mm)
Wheelbase: 12.75 Inches (324mm)
Top Speed: 60+mph* (with optional 3S lipo)
Requires7-Cell NiMH or 2S-3S LiPo
AA batteries for transmitter