AFX 1970 Chevy Camaro Z28 Yellow Mega-G+ HO Slot CarThis is the AFX 1970 Chevy Camaro Z28 Yellow Mega-G+ HO Slot Car. With the incredible grip and speed of the Mega-G+ chassis, this car has the performance to match its stunning good looks!
"Super Hugger" Hits the Streets!
After the success of the 1967 through ’69 Camaro’s, Chevrolet created effectively an all new car in 1970. One that was more drivable and had a much better engine: the LT1 350 cubic inch compared to the previous year’s 302. In fact, the LT1 in the Z28 came from the Corvette and was a stout performer.
The re-designed front end and fastback shape was the source of a lot of controversy. But it is generally regarded one of the most beautiful designs to come out of GM.
Most Realistic and Now, Most Drivable!
We already had the longest wheelbase and the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in 1/64th scale. With that our designers were making the most realistic cars ever. And our cars out handled anything else in the market. That’s good enough, right? Wrong!
We weren’t satisfied with the driveablility. We wanted you to be able to race wheel to wheel, lap after lap, and feel like you’re driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new race system - the Mega G+ Race System.
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a slot car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
Mega G+ Chassis
This new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car we’ve ever built. Check out these performance features:
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability