Traxxas Stampede VXL 2WD Brushless
This is the Traxxas Stampede VXL Brushless Electric 2WD Ready-to-Race RC Monster Truck with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), TQi 2.4GHz Link-Enabled Radio System (Traxxas Bluetooth Link Module Compatible - Module sold separately). Battery & charger sold separately - See recommended battery and charger combos below. The Stampede VXL comes with waterproof electronics, making it great for the streets and off-road. Add a 7-cell NiMH battery and the truck can hit 40+MPH. Or, go with a 3S LiPo and 30T pinion, then hold on as you blast to 65+MPH!
Traxxas Stability Management
Stampede has always been the first name in monster truck fun, but with Traxxas Stability Management and Velineon brushless power on board , the ground-pounding, high-speed wheelie popping antics are completely over-the-top. The included wheelie bar keeps the altitude in check but with this kind of power, the wheelies don't stop just because you're going over 50mph (with optional LiPo battery). If you have the nerve and the skill, the fun is just getting started! With a top speed of over 65mph, the Velineon Brushless Power System is designed to let you explore the outer limits of what's possible with brushless. Chances are you've never experienced throttle response and speed like this in a monster truck. Tough and unbelievably fast, Stampede is the ultimate play truck that's always at hand, ready for instant R/C fun. No matter what kind of R/C racing you're into, a Stampede VXL belongs in your arsenal.
Stampede was the first high-performance monster truck and now Stampede VXL is setting new, previously unthinkable speed benchmarks. The world of electric monster trucks will never be the same!
TSM helps provide straight ahead full-throttle acceleration on slippery surfaces, without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. High speed cornering and control is also made possible as TSM makes corrections in the background for you, without intruding on your fun, or creating unexpected side effects. Everything is waterproof and Traxxas-tough as you’d expect.
Stampede was the first high-performance RC monster truck and now Stampede VXL is setting new, previously unthinkable speed benchmarks. The world of electric monster trucks will never be the same!
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of
the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions
- NEW Traxxas Stability Management
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Stampede VXL capable of speeds in excess of 65mph using 3S LiPo (sold separately)
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow.
- Maxx Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Wireless Link Module (#6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
Power and Performance, Right from the Box
- TQi 2.4GHz TSM receiver
- Digital high-torque Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
- Durable steel Jato-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Efficient Magnum 272 steel-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential
- Updated heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Talon all-terrain 2.8" monster truck tires are pre-glued on black-chrome All-Star wheels
- ProGraphix pre-painted body
- Stampede VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Out of the box, the Velineon Brushless Power System is optimized to put down the rock-crushing torque, massive horsepower, and precision throttle response you expect from brushless. Most of all, it’s brushless done the Traxxas way: brutally fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and satisfy your need for extreme horsepower.
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Stampede VXL, your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including the latest 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 65mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
Stampede VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology - but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of our exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn’t have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Stampede VXL is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The VXL-3s speed control, high torque servo, and mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Stampede VXL.
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the 1/10th scale Stampede, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always full of muscle, run after run.
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patented). Training Mode limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Stampede VXL’s performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. High-current capacity (320 amps peak) and two-stage thermal protection frees you from motor limits.
The Stampede VXL is equipped to handle serious horsepower with features such as the advanced Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. The patent-pending design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control, even when tortured with massive amounts of horsepower. New upgrades to the Stampede VXL include high-grade hex hardware, precision metal turnbuckle links with heavy-duty rod ends, and larger 5x11mm rubber-sealed ball bearings at the wheels. The transmission is beefed-up as well with tough new steel gears. With its huge monster truck tires, the Stampede VXL benefits most from the all-new digital high-torque steering waterproof servo (#2075). 125 in-oz of torque deliver lightning-quick steering response with confidence-inspiring precision.
100% Assembled and Ready for your Battery and Charger
The Stampede VXL rolls out of the box Ready-To-Race with the advanced TQi 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system and powerful Velineon Brushless Power System. World-class engineering and Traxxas' attention-to-detail are some of the reasons why Stampede is a perennial favorite for heavy-duty monster truck fun. Stampede VXL is the ultimate thrill ride that is perfect for monster bashing or wheelie-popping madness. No other truck offers the level of support of the Traxxas Stampede VXL with its unparalleled parts availability. A staff of skilled Traxxas representatives make it convenient to find answers to your questions via phone, website, or email. Traxxas is there to ensure that your R/C experience is enjoyable, easy, and fun.
Length: 16.25" (413mm)
Front Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Rear Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Weight: 65.3oz (1.85 kg)
Height (overall): 9.5" (241mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63" (270mm)
Requires4 AA batteries for transmitter
7-Cell NiMH hump pack battery or a 2S or 3S LiPo battery
Compatible charger for selected battery