Traxxas Bandit VXL RC BuggyThis is the Traxxas Bandit VXL Brushless Electric Ready-to-Race RC Buggy with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), the TQi Link-Enabled Radio System and flashy new color schemes (battery & charger sold separately - See recommended battery and charger combos below). The Bandit VXL comes equipped with the Velineon Extreme Brushless Power System, capable of 45+MPH with a 7-cell NiMH battery, or 70+MPH just by changing the pinion gear and running a 3S lipo battery. As always, this Traxxas vehicle is on the cutting-edge of power, performance, and value.
The Bandit VXL brushless buggy is a low-slung, lightweight speed machine that's rocket fast on pavement and rips incredible roost off-road. Get a couple of Traxxas Bandits together and the race is on. These buggies are drivers' machines that will put your skills to the test with mind-blowing top speed and lightning quick handling response.
Traxxas Stability Management
The Bandit VXL expands the Extreme Sports Buggy Legacy with even more power than you ever thought possible. The addition of Traxxas Stability Management lets your Bandit VXL unleash all the power that is engineered into your off-road warrior. Arrow-straight acceleration and braking are now at your fingertips, by simply adjusting the Multi-Function Knob on your transmitter. Hit the throttle, brake true, and charge hard into the corners.
TSM helps provide straight ahead full-throttle acceleration on slippery surfaces, without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. High speed cornering and control is also made possible as TSM makes corrections in the background for you, without intruding on your fun, or creating unexpected side effects.
Everything is waterproof and Traxxas-tough as you’d expect.
Out of the box, the Velineon Brushless Power System is optimized to put down the tire-melting horsepower, neck-snapping speed, and precision throttle response you expect from brushless. Most of all, it's brushless done the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. Just plug it in for an instant rush of power and adrenaline.
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of
the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Bandit VXL, your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 70mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
- NEW Traxxas Stability Management!
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Bandit VXL capable of speeds in excess of 70mph! (with optional pinion & 3S lipo - sold separately)
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow.
- Maxx Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- NEW TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz TSM Receiver
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
- Digital high-torque Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
- Durable steel Jato-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Efficient Magnum 272 steel-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential
- Updated heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- Alias Step-Pin rear and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction
- Alias tires include performance-tuned foam inserts and they come pre-glued on black-chrome 2.2" Tracer wheels
- Bandit VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Bandit VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology - but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) that turns your Android device, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of their exclusive watertight, sealed electronics that provide the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Bandit VXL is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The VXL-3s speed control, high torque servo, and mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Bandit VXL.
The Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor is precision-matched for use in the 1/10th scale Bandit, delivering the perfect balance of brutal horsepower and efficiency. The sensorless design works with the sophisticated circuitry in the VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control for smooth starts and precise control, without the need for additional sensors and wiring. Since there are no brushes or commutator to cause friction and wear, Velineon brushless power is always fast, run after run.
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy operation that gives you all the control you need for maximum fun. Quickly choose from 3 drive profiles in exactly the same manner as other Traxxas electronic speed controls (such as the XL-5). Profiles include: Sport, Race, and Training Mode (patented). Training Mode limits full-throttle power to 50% allowing young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unleashing the full-throttle capability of the Velineon system. Bandit VXL's performance can be tailored for drivers of any age and experience. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. High-current capacity (320 amps peak) and two-stage thermal protection frees you from motor limits.
The Bandit VXL is equipped to handle serious horsepower with features such as the advanced Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. The patent-pending design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control, even when tortured with massive amounts of horsepower. New upgrades to the Bandit VXL include high-grade hex hardware, precision metal turnbuckle links with heavy-duty rod ends, and larger 5x11mm rubber-sealed ball bearings at the wheels. The transmission is beefed-up as well with tough new steel gears. With so much speed available, the Bandit VXL is equipped with an all-new digital high-torque steering waterproof servo (#2075) for lightning-quick steering response and confidence-inspiring precision.
100% Assembled and Ready for your Battery and Charger
The Bandit VXL rolls out of the box Ready-To-Race with the advanced TQi 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system and powerful Velineon Brushless Power System. The Bandit VXL is a blast to drive and easy to own with legendary durability, low-maintenance design, and unmatched parts support. RC Superstore stocks every part to maintain or repair your Bandit VXL. With over 30 years in the hobby industry, Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your RC experience is easy and fun (and fast!). Traxxas has a staff of skilled representatives on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or email.
Length: 16.25 inches
Front Track: 9.84 inches
Rear Track: 9.84 inches
Weight: 48 ounces
Height (overall): 7 inches
Wheelbase: 11.25 inches
Gear Ration (internal): 2.72 (Final Drive: 7.97)
Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
Gear Pitch: 48-pitch
Requires:4 AA batteries for transmitter
7-Cell NiMH hump pack battery or a 2S or 3S LiPo battery
Compatible charger for selected battery