AFX Audi R18 #7 Silver Mega G+ HO Slot Car
This is the AFX Racing Audi R18 #7 Silver Mega G+ HO Slot Car. With a stunning red and black paint scheme on this new, beautifully crafted body, the R18 is a welcome addition to any AFX race set.
2016 was Audiís last year contesting the World Endurance Championship. That yearís R18 was arguably the most fearsome weapon produced in 18 years of competition and 13 Le Mans wins. Beautiful in a brutish way, it is wonderfully efficient aerodynamically.
And the carís aerodynamics made it a singular challenge for AFX when creating the body in 1/64th scale. In fact, this is the most complex body we have ever made with 15 full depth body openings, way more than we or anyone else has ever done. But the payoff comes when the spectacular body and dramatic graphics are combined in a stunning new HO beauty from AFX
Because of the Mega G+ chassis, only AFX can bring it to you. With the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in this scale, the correct proportions can be maintained along with deep aerodynamic channeling which canít be done with any other chassis.
Audi campaigned two cars in 2016. The number 7 actually won the first race of the year at Silverstone but was excluded from the results when it was found that the underbody failed an after race check. The two car team finished 2nd overall in the 2016 Championship.
The black presentation livery was the way the car was presented to the press in 2015 and they were stunned to see that Audi had abandoned their historic shades of grey and silver livery. But when the car actually showed up to race, it had changed back.
Oh yeah, itís also wonderfully drivable, fast and fun!
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a Slot Car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
We achieved this by redesigning our famous Mega-G chassis, designing a new power unit and precisely mating it to our upgraded AFX120 controller and our exclusive Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation behind it, we believe the Mega G+ Race System is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis
This new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car weíve ever built.
Chassis Performance Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra-long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
One Mega-G+ Audi R18 #7 Silver HO Slot Car