This is the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3S Velineon Waterproof ESC. This is the replacement for the ESC found in many of the 1/10 brushless trucks, designed for use with the Velineon 3500 motor. See full list of compatible trucks below.
The Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5 family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3s is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck
and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the
brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection
for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the
driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Widest range of battery options ranging from 4-cell NiMH or NiCad packs all the way up to 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volt)
patented Training Mode is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the
overall power output of the VXL-3s by 50%, making it easier for new or
younger drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply
change profiles to unleash full-throttle action.
- The EZ-Set
push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed
controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need to learn a new set
- The VXL-3s is programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode - Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode - Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3s from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistent case design uses rubber seals and o-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
built-in auxiliary fan output powers a snap-on accessory fan for
increased cooling capacity during extreme use. A handy clasp on the
speed control case keeps the wire neatly in place until you are ready to
- MOSFET design provides high-current output (320 amp peak) with incredibly low resistance (.00075 Ohm).
plated 3.5mm bullet connectors on 12-gauge Maxx Cable flow full power
to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
SpecificationsInput Voltage: 4.8 - 11.1V (4-9 NiMH, 2S-3S LiPo)
Motor Compatibility: Sensorless Brushless
Motor Limit: None
Battery Connector: Traxxas High-Current
Motor Connectors: TRX 3.5 Bullet Connectors
Motor and Battery Wires: 12 gauge Maxx cable
Continuous Current: 200A
Peak Current: 320A forward and reverse
BEC Current: 6.0V DC
Transistor Type: MOSFET
On-Resistance: 0.00075 ohms
PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
Thermal Protection: Two-Stage Thermal Shutdown
Weight: 3.88 oz (110g)
Length: 2.29" (58.17mm)
Width: 1.54" (39mm)
Height: 1.2" (30.48mm) including heatsink
For use in these vehicles:
Slash 2WD VXL
Stampede 4x4 VXL
Stampede VXL 2WD