This is the Traxxas Slash 1/16 4x4 Short Course Ready-to-Run RC Truck with TQ radio system, 1200mAh NiMH battery, and 2-amp DC quick charger. Traxxas Slash set the standard short-course fun and versatility, then Slash 4X4 raised the bar on short-course performance with category-making speed, power, and track-ready handling. Now you can experience the fun of wheel-to-wheel Slash 4X4 racing 1/16 scale with high-torque Titan 550 power - the largest motor in the "mini" class by far! At 14 inches long, the 1/16 Slash 4X4 is about half the size of the 1/10-scale Slash 4X4. But don't call it a "mini" - this is a whole new category of R/C performance and fun that no mere mini-model can match. Short-course styling that captures the attitude of the full-size Traxxas racer is just the beginning. Beneath the Race Replica polycarbonate shell, you'll find the winning suspension technology of the eight-time National Champion Traxxas Revo and the convention-busting innovation of the E-Revo.
Traxxas 2-Amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger!
- 2-amp Peak Detecting DC Fast Charger
- Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery with iD
- Powerful Titan 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology and integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- XL-2.5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Innovative waterproof design
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Fully-proportional forward, reverse, and braking control
- Programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode - Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode - Fwd / Brake
- Patented Training Mode - 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- EZ-Set push-button setup
- Multi-color LED
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Efficient, low-loss MOSFET design
- High-capacity heat sink
- Smooth, high-frequency operation
- Easy installation in Traxxas models
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the power system
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Traxxas 3-channel micro receiver
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials - an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued all-terrain tires with high-performance foam inserts
- Satin-chrome beadlock-style wheels
- Available in Race Replica versions with officially licensed paint and graphics: Mike Jenkins Edition (Traxxas #47), Mark Jenkins Edition (Traxxas #25), Scott Douglas (AMSOIL), or Greg Adler Edition (4 Wheel Parts)
- TQ 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- 1/16 Slash 4X4 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
1/16 Slash 4X4 includes a 2-amp peak detecting charger for quick, convenient, hassle-free charging. The charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for charging charging in the field. The brilliant LED provides charging status while the battery charges. The peak-detecting charger is optimized for charging Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery packs. Just plug the included Power Cell battery in for a perfect charge, run after run.
To charge from a wall outlet, check out the Traxxas 2976 AC to DC wall adapter.
Titan Modified Muscle and XL-2.5 ESC
Leave it to Traxxas to put the huge torque of a the Titan 550 motor into the 1/16 Slash 4X4! The powerful Titan 12T 550 modified is the same motor used in Traxxas' larger 1/10 scale models. The Titan 12T is designed for consistent torque and high speeds run after run. The XL-2.5 electronic speed control features patented Traxxas' High-Current Connector for ultra-efficient power flow. The XL-2.5 Electronic Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, low voltage detection, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. Fully waterproof electronics are a Traxxas exclusive that opens the door to new driving adventures on rain-soaked asphalt.
Exclusive Waterproof Electronics For Unlimited R/C Excitement
The 1/16 Slash 4X4 doesn't slow down for rain. The waterproof servo and o-ring-sealed receiver box let you keep on racing, even in wet weather that parks lesser cars on the bench. The patented sealed receiver box houses Traxxas' proven micro receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the model's waterproof properties. The new XL-2.5 electronic speed control and high-torque digital micro servo are sealed against the elements to give you total driving freedom.
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode let's everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. The 1/16 Slash is perfect for drivers at all experience levels. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio controlled truck before.
Dual Battery Compartments
The 1/16 Slash 4X4 unleashes its full speed potential with the included Power Cell battery pack, but for extended run time and more "punch," the chassis' dual battery compartments let you add a second NiMH battery pack and patented Traxxas parallel connector (both sold separately) to double the available battery capacity.
The 1/16 Slash 4X4 is fully assembled with TQ 2.4GHz radio system, painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery and 2-amp DC fast charger are also included, making the Slash 4X4 truly Ready-To-Race. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of Traxxas vehicles, the potent Power Cell pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive patented High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run.
Traxxas backs the 1/16 Slash 4X4 and all of our products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Unmatched parts support allows your Traxxas vehicle to be serviced with parts and support from thousands of hobby dealers worldwide. Your investment is also protected by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!). Follow the details link above to go in depth on all the 1/16 Slash 4X4's performance benefits and explore its race-engineered features.
SpecificationsLength: 14" (356mm)
Front Track: 7.3" (185mm)
Rear Track: 7.3" (185mm)
Weight: 35oz (1000g)
Height (overall): 4.92" (125mm)
Wheelbase: 8.1" (206mm)
RequiresAA batteries for transmitter