Traxxas E-Maxx 16.8V Brushed RTR RC Truck with TSM
This is the Traxxas E-Maxx 16.8V 4WD Ready-to-Race Electric RC Truck with TQi Link 2.4GHz Radio (Traxxas Bluetooth Link Module Compatible - Module sold separately). Equipped with waterproof electronics, the E-Maxx is a blast to drive on or off-road, without worrying about a little water or mud stopping the fun.
The Traxxas E-Maxx takes 4WD monster truck thrashing to the next level of fun and excitement. To go along with the torquey 16.8-volt EVX-2 dual-motor power system, key improvements have been engineered into the suspension, driveline, chassis, and electronics to make this the toughest, most versatile E-Maxx ever. The E-Maxx is equipped with Revo sealed pivot ball suspension; dual-servo steering; an all-new transmission; Revo sealed differentials; a new, longer chassis; and waterproof electronics. And that's just the start. Everywhere you look on E-Maxx Traxxas engineers have thoughtfully integrated enhancements and features that make E-Maxx stronger, easier to use, and most importantly, more fun!
70% of the earth's surface is covered by water. E-Maxx says… "Bring it on!"
E-Maxx is equipped with sealed electronics that eliminate boundaries and let you drive where you want to drive. E-Maxx lets you blaze new trails through water, mud, snow and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Since water is no longer the enemy, E-Maxx opens up a whole new world of 4x4 adventure and fun.
- Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- TQi 2.4GHz radio system
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) for full Traxxas Link App
- EVX-2 16.8-volt FWD/REV electronic speed control
- EZ-Set single button programming
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage Low-Voltage Detection
- Three selectable drive profiles: Sport Mode, Race Mode, and Training Mode
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Twin Titan 550 fan cooled motors
- Tunable sealed differentials in Maxx differential housings
- Backward compatible to all Maxx models
- Differential uses Revo-Spec gears and components
- Revo-Spec front, rear, and center driveshafts
- Heavy-duty Brushless Ready transmission
- Over two-times stronger than original E-Maxx transmission
- Steel idler gear
- Optional accessory two-speed adjustable ratio gear sets
- Close ratio or wide ratio for super-low first gear
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch
- Quick release, battery hold down straps
- Reversible to accept stick packs and side-by-side packs
- Available accessory battery strap for oversized battery packs (sold separately)
- Long wheelbase, low center-of-gravity chassis increases stability
- Extended by 30mm
- Accepts 6-cell or 7-cell flat battery packs
- Batteries sit lower in the chassis for lower CG
- Lower skid plate protects the center driveline while allowing quick access to the transmission
- Water-proof high-torque dual steering servos (#2056)
- Precision hex hardware throughout
- Soft-compound 3.8" Maxx chevron tires pre-glued on mirror-chrome Split-Spoke wheels
- Two-piece gear cover makes it easy to access and change gearing
- Requires removal of only one screw for access
- Sealed pivot balls and front/rear outer driveshafts
- Eight fully-adjustable, coil-over Ultra Shocks
- Integrated dual servo bellcrank and servo saver
- Watertight sealed receiver box
- 100% captured steering and toe linkage
- Double-shear components capture and secure all rod ends for unmatched durability
- Rear toe-links are captured by a thick tie-bar for double-shear strength
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
- Updated shock towers and adjustable body mounts
- Precision rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Available accessory four-position wheelie bar (sold separately)
E-Maxx is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology - but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
Ready For Brushless
E-Maxx is equipped with an transmission that's been engineered to handle nearly 2 1/2 times more torque than the original, and yet do it in a more compact package. Extra-wide gears, smart use of steel components, and the Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper all combine for the strength needed to handle the extreme power and torque that's possible with today's battery and motor technology. The design positions the motors closer to the chassis for a lower cg and improved handling. An optional bolt-in two-speed is available for shift-on-the-fly gearing options. Revo-Spec large diameter sealed driveshafts and sealed differentials are used for massively increased torque handling and long-lasting performance. Since the diffs are completely sealed, they can be fine-tuned with different oil viscosities to adjust the limited-slip action.
16.8-Volt Power System
The waterproof Traxxas EVX-2 is optimized to deliver massive power from dual 7-cell battery packs. The EVX-2 packs a serious punch, belting out over 16 volts of power to the twin 550 high-torque brushed motors. Titan 550 motors feature 30% longer motor armatures than a standard 540 size motor for monster big block torque. An internal fan helps keep the motors running at optimal temperatures for maximum power. Mash the throttle for wheelies on demand and absolutely mind-bending monster truck action that only E-Maxx can deliver. Designed by Traxxas, the EVX-2 features three drive profiles, thermal shutdown protection, low-voltage detection for compatibility with LiPo battery packs, and patented Traxxas high-current battery connectors. The EVX-2 also includes our exclusive, patented Training Mode. This profile reduces the overall power output of the EVX-2 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The EVX-2 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support, plus it's backed by the exclusive Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Extended Wheelbase, Low CG Chassis
The chassis design is stretched 30mm to increase the wheelbase and for improved stability. The battery compartments position the batteries lower, angled in towards the center of the truck for improved handling and cornering stability. The strong chassis braces work together with a rugged center skid plate to greatly enhance chassis strength and torsional rigidity.
Easy, Fast Battery Installation
Traxxas engineers are always looking for ways to make Traxxas products the standard for ease of use. The snap-lock battery hold downs speed battery installation. Press a lever to release, snap them in to lock. Securing your batteries takes just seconds and there are no clips to lose. The configurable battery compartments are designed to easily accept either 6 or 7-cell battery packs and are scaleable to fit today's battery technology and beyond. Precision metric hex hardware is used through the E-Maxx for easy servicing and a high-tech look.
Dual Servo Steering System
Dual, waterproof, high-torque servos drive a heavy-duty bellcrank steering system. The integrated servo saver and smooth ball bearings combine with the dual-servo muscle to deliver the most powerful and precise Maxx steering system ever.
E-Maxx model 39036-4 comes fully-assembled with the TQi 2.4GHz radio system installed and adjusted, EVX-2 power system with Low-Voltage Detection, a painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. Traxxas backs the E-Maxx and all of their products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand at Traxxas to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Unmatched parts support allows E-Maxx to be serviced more easily than other brands. Your investment is also protected by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!).
2x batteries (7-cell NiMH or 2S LiPo)
AA batteries for transmitter