AFX Shelby Cobra RussKit Mega-G+ HO Slot Car
This is the AFX Shelby Cobra RussKit LIMITED EDITION Mega G+ HO Slot Car with Clear Windows. This limited edition will only have 3,000 cars produced! With the incredible grip and speed of the Mega-G+ chassis, this car has the performance to match its stunning good looks!
With unique Limited Edition packaging and each package numbered, this car will be a special addition to any collection.
The last livery for Carroll Shelby’s legendary Cobra Daytona Coupe had little to do with racing. When the car was bought by Jim Russell in 1966 to promote his slot car company, RussKit, he intended to drive the car to work every day.
So, after the car returned from the Bonneville Salt Flats he had it repainted with the numbers and roundels removed, got a temporary California registration and drove the car out to Riverside International Raceway to take a parade lap before the big race. When he got there he saw Pete Brock, the designer of the car, and handed him the keys to do the lap. Track officials slapped a Participant sticker on the lower right corner of the windshield and out onto the track he went.
This livery now becomes the second in the AFX Limited Edition Collectors Series. Only 3,000 cars will be produced and it will be the only production run in this livery for what is certainly one of the most famous of all American race cars. With unique Limited Edition packaging and each package numbered, it will be a special addition to any collection.
By the way, today the real car, in this livery, is in the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, PA.
Most Realistic and Now, Most Drivable!
We already had the longest wheelbase and the lowest, narrowest chassis ever made in 1/64th scale. With that our designers were making the most realistic cars ever. And our cars out handled anything else in the market. That’s good enough, right? Wrong!
We weren’t satisfied with the driveablility. We wanted you to be able to race wheel to wheel, lap after lap, and feel like you’re driving a real car. But we couldn’t do it by just changing the chassis. We had to create a whole new race system - the Mega G+ Race System.
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a Slot Car system that
delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot
car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you
have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
We achieved this
by redesigning our famous Mega-G chassis, designing a new power unit and
precisely mating it to our upgraded AFX120 controller and our exclusive
Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of
experimentation behind it, we believe the Mega G+ Race System is the
best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ Chassis
new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just
faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even
smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any
car we’ve ever built.
Chassis Performance Features
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but
lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra-long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
One Mega-G+ Shelby Cobra RussKit Limited Edition HO Slot Car