Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL Brushless Short Course Truck
This is the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Brushless VXL Short Course Ready-to-Race 1/10 Scale Race Truck with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) and TQi 2.4GHz radio system (Traxxas Bluetooth Link Module Compatible - Module sold separately). The truck comes fully assembled and Ready-to-Race with the Velineon Brushless Power System and a white Fox Racing edition painted body. Battery and charger are sold separately.
Traxxas Stability Management
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash 4X4 VXL by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that “feels” what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun,with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions.
Award-Winning 4WD Innovation & Performance
- NEW Traxxas Stability Management
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Slash 4X4 reaches speeds in excess of 60mph using 3S LiPo (sold separately)
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow
- Maxx Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Auto-detects brushed, sensorless and sensored brushless motors
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- NEW TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511) for full Traxxas Link App capability with Android, Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately)
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz TSM Receiver
- Durable steel Jato-Style turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Single-screw motor access makes gear-mesh adjustments fast and easy and the motor can be removed in just seconds
- Modular simplicity, fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated Personal Transponder Mount
- Versatile battery compartment easily adapts to multiple styles of batteries; 6 or 7-cell NiMh battery packs and various configurations of Lithium Polymer packs are no problem for Slash 4X4
- Digital high-torque Traxxas #2075 waterproof steering servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Fully adjustable oil-filled Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- Slash 4X4 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Introducing the Slash 4X4. Of course, it's what you would expect from a Slash; tough, fast, fun, and yes, 4-wheel drive! All-new from the ground up, Slash 4X4 is not a conversion or a retrofit - it's a completely and purpose-built for over-the-top speed and performance. Traxxas engineering is behind the innovation that fuels the hobby and Slash 4X4 takes full advantage. The long list of features includes an all-new rigid chassis, new super-efficient shaft drive, new race-bred suspension, new steering system, Revo sealed differentials, Velineon brushless power, and a TQi 2.4GHz radio system. The weight bias? Perfect. The look? Dead on. Top speed? 40+mph with the a standard 3000mAh 7-cell NiMH battery pack, 60+mph with a 3S LiPo, or Power Up to the Mamba Monster (it drops right in!) and 80+mph is in your reach. Slash 4X4 keeps all the great features and characteristics that made Slash such a hit with enthusiasts, while at the same time injecting new thinking, new components, and track bred performance.
Class-Leading Brushless Power
Slash 4X4's Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power system defines a whole new generation of outrageous electric power that doesn't know limitations and boundaries. Pour in the voltage and out comes the speed in tidal waves of force harnessed by precision throttle control. For the uninitiated, prepare yourself... the sheer brutal power combined with the Slash 4X4's four-corner grip results in tire-melting acceleration and lightning fast speed. The Velineon 3s Brushless Power System features system components that work together as an optimized package, from the patented Traxxas High-Current connector to the custom-wound motor. It's engineered together from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run-time along with precision throttle response and refined control. It's brushless performance the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and it works, no special knowledge or programming skills required.
Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
The Velineon VXL-3s speed control is loaded with high-grade technology to precisely deliver maximum power to the motor. It's engineered for today's battery technology and beyond. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
Extreme performance is standard equipment with the sensorless Velineon motor. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor deliver power and long life with near zero maintenance. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, you always get the same blistering acceleration and ballistic top speed run after run.
The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race Radio System
Slash 4X4 is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The all-new Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology - but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App (on Google Play and the App Store) to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
The innovation designed into the Slash 4X4 begins with an innovative chassis that's not like anything you've seen before. Extreme Brushless Power and 4WD requires a chassis that won't flex under load for arrow-straight, hard-charging acceleration. To offer the required rigidity, smoothly integrated ribs form a triangulated structure that's optimized for the loads imparted by the suspension and powertrain. Underneath, the chassis is ultra-smooth to reduce drag and prevent snags driving through brush, and Slash 4X4 maintains the high center ground clearance that is a hallmark of the original Slash. The extra clearance drastically increases the off-road versatility that allows you to tackle rougher terrain and bigger obstacles. On the track, the center of gravity (cg) is just right. The Slash 4X4 feels planted and secure at speed and at the same time delivers that authentic Short Course handling and realism that makes Slash racing such incredible fun.
Ultra Efficient Shaft-Driven 4WD
Slash 4X4 uses just three gear meshes to drive all four wheels, eliminating the need for a multi-gear transmission. The highly efficient drivetrain spins effortlessly on rubber-sealed ball bearings, and is integrated seamlessly into Slash 4X4's unique chassis for optimum performance and easy maintenance. The center driveshaft is formed from extruded aluminum. There are no dogbones to wear, no drive cups to wobble. The extrusion process allows the shaft to be hollow and lightweight with internal splines that fit directly and securely onto the input shafts of the front and rear drive assemblies. The shaft runs perfectly straight and true and offers superior durability. Traxxas engineers highlighted this important innovation with vivid blue anodizing and a laser-etched Traxxas logo.
Old designs made servicing of 4-wheel drive vehicles cumbersome and time-consuming. Traxxas has a better way. Modular design allows the entire front section to be removed with just five screws, and the rear assembly with just four screws. In less than a minute using a power screwdriver, you have full access for easy service and adjustment. Click the video tab above to learn more about this feature!
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Only Traxxas lets you experience brushless-powered 4WD excitement year-round, no matter what mother nature has to offer. Water, mud, and snow don't slow down Slash 4X4; its electronic speed control, receiver box, and high-torque digital steering servo are all waterproof for no-worry fun in wet conditions that send other trucks running for cover. Drive Slash 4X4 where you want, when you want - the only limit is your imagination.
Authentic Short-Course Style
Slash 4X4's Race Replica bodies are fully decorated with licensed logos and graphics for total authenticity. In addition to the no. 47 and 25 Traxxas race trucks of Mike and Mark Jenkins, you can choose the Blue Traxxas Racing edition, or the White Fox Racing edition. Each truck is equipped with an accurate representation of the full-size tire, giving Slash 4X4 the ultimate in realistic performance and control. Wheels complete the look; offering equal parts style and strength, Slash 4X4 features a new SCT Split Spoke design with a mirror-chrome center and color-molded "beadlock" detail. Fully compatible with factory Traxxas and aftermarket tires, the new wheels also feature 12mm hexes and the same offset as Slash 2WD rear wheels.
100% Fully Assembled and Ready-To-Race
Slash 4X4 comes fully-assembled with the TQi 2.4GHz radio system installed and adjusted, Velineon brushless power system, a painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. Traxxas backs Slash 4X4 and all of their products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand at to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!).
Length: 22.36 Inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Center Ground Clearance: 2.83 Inches (72mm)
Weight: 93.1oz (2.64kg)
Height: 7.60 Inches (193mm)
Wheelbase: 12.75 Inches (324mm)
Tire Diameter: 4.31 Inches (109.5mm) (front and rear)
Wheel Diameter: 2.2 Inches (56mm) Outer, 3.0 Inches (76mm) Inner
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 32
Radio System: TQi 2.4GHz
4 AA batteries for transmitter
7-Cell NiMH, or a 2S or 3S LiPo battery