Traxxas Aton Ready-to-Fly Quadcopter Drone
This is the Traxxas Aton Ready-to-Fly Quadcopter Drone with 2.4GHz radio, 3000mAh battery, and 3-amp AC quick charger. The Traxxas Aton is your personal video assistant that captures stunning aerial footage (using your GoPro or other action camera) in a way that is easy and fun, without the need for any specialized skill or experience. Aton is sporty and smart, practically flying itself with auto take off and simple, intuitive directional control. You simply direct Aton towards your subject and Aton becomes the steady hand in the sky that captures the moment from exciting new vantage points. Press a button, and Aton quickly returns to home and lands automatically.
Three Flight Modes. One Is Just Right For You:
Photographer, fun flyer, or skilled trick master, Aton has a mode for everything you want to accomplish.
Film Mode: Aton excels at capturing beautiful video and images with easy to use control that makes getting the shot virtually effortless. No previous experience with flight or radio control is needed.
• Easy-to-use. No flight experience required
• Easily capture stunning photos and video with your GoPro or other action camera (not included)
• No complicated setup or calibration is needed.
• Engineered for less noise and quieter operation.
• Auto take off and return to home
Sport Mode: If you want to learn how to fly and experience a different level of fun, Sport mode unlocks full throttle control for faster, more athletic flight. Aton's 6-axis flight stability makes it easy to learn and explore, while always keeping the safety of air brakes and return to home a button press away. Press another button to perform flips and rolls make you look like a flight pro.
• Sport flying for fun
• Learn to fly with more pilot control
• Press a button for aerobatic flips and rolls
• More speed for filming fast-moving subjects
• Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
Expert Mode: Expert mode is for the most experienced pilots who truly love to fly. Expert mode unlocks Aton's full performance capability for exciting aerobatic flight, but still with the safety of air brakes and return to home. The air brake brings Aton to a full stop, hovering in place, to allow you to catch your breath and plan your next move.
• Ultimate speed and performance for expert pilots
• Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
• Powerful brushless motors for incredibly athletic maneuvers
• Customize settings with the Traxxas Flight Link app
Traxxas Flight Link App: Traxxas Flight Link transforms your Apple iOS or Android device into a powerful tool that equips Aton with an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface.
• Check Flight Ready Status: Check battery levels and verify GPS and radio connections
• Adjust Film Mode Speed: Fine-tune your settings by simply touching and dragging the sliders on the screen
• Navigate the Transmitter Menu Tree: Easily navigate the transmitter settings with a full-color graphical user interface
• Adjust LED Settings: Turn the LEDs on or off from your smart phone
• Adjust Rates: Tune how fast and responsive Aton is in Sport and Expert modes
• Set the Geofence Radius: Designate virtual boundaries for Aton
• Set the Flight Ceiling (Max altitude): Set a vertical flight limit
• Monitor Battery Status: See how much charge is left in your battery
Rugged Design: Aton is built to go the distance with strong
composite materials and proven design methods. All parts are available
to support Aton to keep it flying for years to come.
Protected Dual-Mode GPS: The GPS System is integraded into the roll hoop to shield it from frequency interference and protect it from damage.
LED Status Bar: 4 easy to see LEDs indicate power on, satellite link established, return to home location set and overall system status.
Fully Enclosed Battery Compartment: The battery is fully enclosed and protected.
High Visibility LED Lighting:
Aton shines at night with high output LEDs that light up the sky with
brilliant color that helps you see and maintain your directional
Brushless Motors: Powerful and efficient high output brushless motors give Aton plenty of horsepower for any mission.
Tuned Props: Aton's
props are specially tuned for quiet, smooth, and efficient operation.
Aton moves pleasantly through its surroundings with minimal noise and
Air Brakes: In Sport or Expert modes, air brakes stop and hover Aton to give you a chance to catch your breath and plan your next move.
Return to Home:
Aton lets you focus on filming your subject while it does the flying.
Safely return to home at any point by pressing a button. Aton comes home
automatically when your battery is low or if Aton travels beyond the
Application Support: Aton contains open source
software components that are compatible with applications such as
Mission Planner that allow you to view your flights on satellite maps.
(Requires micro SD card, sold separately.)
Blade Circle: 22.83" (580mm)
Rotor Diameter: 8.27" (210mm)
Rotor Center Distance Diagonal: 14.57" (370mm)
Rotor Hub Distance Vertical: 10.30" (262mm)
Width: 18.57" (472mm)
Overall Height: 3.70" (94mm)
Overall Height with Landing Gear: 8.57" (218mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.11" (3mm)
Ground Clearance with Landing Gear: 4.87" (124mm)
Overall Flight Weight (with Battery): 30.33 oz (860g)
Flight System: Auto-Leveling Six-Axis
Radio System: 2.4GHz 6-channel Multi-mode
Main Frame Structure/Material: Molded Composite
Battery Type: 3-Cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Battery Voltage: 11.1V
Battery Discharge Rating: 20C
AC Battery Charger Rate: 3.0A
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless Outrunner
Skill Level: 1
Camera Mount: Fixed
Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
Flight Time w/o Camera: 18-20 minutes*
Flight Time w/GoPro HERO 4 Camera: 13-15 minutes*
Aton, Ready-To-Fly Quad-Rotor Helicopter
2.4GHz Radio System
3000mAh 3-Cell LiPo iD battery
3-Amp LiPo battery charger and AC power cord
4 Traxxas AAA alkaline batteries
Landing legs with hardware
Vibration Damped Camera mounting bracket designed for use with GoPro action cameras*
2mm hex wrench (to assist with repairs)
Spare rotor blade set
Transmitter sticks (interchangeable with the thumb pads)
Full Color Quick-Start Guide
Complete Owner's Manual
*Results may vary. Flight times are affected by many variables such as wind, payload, and temperature.
Traxxas Aton - Sport Mode
Traxxas Aton - Expert Mode