This is the E-Flite UMX Whipit DLG Bind-N-Fly Basic Disc-Launch-Glider. The E-flite UMX Whipit DLG model is a breakthrough in sailplane design. This ultra micro glider features carbon fiber for strength, a removable wing and a simple two-channel Spektrum DSMX control system.
The E-flite UMX Whipit DLG is a sailplane that combines convenience and affordability so that the fun of pure flight is possible to enjoy regardless of experience level. Like the high-performance discus-launch gliders (DLG) popular in competition, this ultra micro aircraft features ultra-lightweight construction with carbon fiber for strength. But it’s also simple like that free flight chuck glider we played with as kids, only now we’ve made it radio controlled.
- Ultra-lightweight construction
- Removable, carbon reinforced wing
- Simple rudder and elevator control
- Spektrum DSMX 2.4GHz receiver/servo unit, installed
- Carbon-fiber boom with internally located pushrods
- Lightweight foam fuselage pod, wings and tail surfaces
- Long flight times on just a 1S Li-Po battery
- Graceful, slow-flight performance
- Easy to fly and launch by hand
The wing is removable for easy storage and is reinforced for right or left handed launches. A protective pod cover on the nose easily reveals the simple two-channel Spektrum DSMX control system and battery compartment. With just a single 150mAh 1S Li-Po battery you can expect long flight times either in your backyard, a local park or just about anywhere you want to harness the power of nature.
SpecificationsWingspan: 24.4 in (620mm)
Overall Length: 24.2 in (620mm)
Wing Area: 82.0 sq in (5.30 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 1.53 oz (43.3 g)
Radio: 4 channel minimum
Recommended Battery: 150mAh 1S 3.7V 25C LiPo
Requires4+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX 2.4GHz technology
Ultra micro 150mAh 1S 3.7V Li-Po flight battery (EFLB1501S25)