This is the E-Flite Power 52 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 590Kv. The Power 52 is ideal for 40- to 50-size sport and scale airplanes, 40- to 50-size 3D airplanes, as well as models requiring up to 1650 watts of power.
to deliver clean and quiet power, the Power 52 Brushless Outrunner
Motor, 590Kv is designed for 40- to 50-size sport and scale airplanes,
40- to 50-size 3D airplanes, as well as models requiring up to 1650
watts of power. The Power 52 is an especially good match for the Hangar 9
Katana 50 (HAN4170).
- Equivalent to a 46- to 55-size glow engine for 5.00- to 7.50 lb (2.20 – 3.40 kg) airplanes.
- Ideal for 40- to 50- size 3D airplanes up to 6.00 lbs (2.70 kg)
- Ideal for models requiring up to 1650 watts of power
- Capable of up to 65-Amp continuous current using 4S-6S Li-Po packs
- Includes mount, prop adapters and mounting hardware
- Quiet, lightweight operation
- External rotor design 6mm shaft can easily be reversed for alternative motor installations
- High-quality construction with ball bearings and hardened steel shaft
- Slotted 14-pole outrunner design
- Recommended for the Hangar 9 Katana 50 (HAN4170)
You will need
80-Amp brushless ESC
4S–6S Li-Po or 14- to 16-cell Ni-MH/Ni-Cd Battery
14 x 7 to 12 x 8 Propeller
Type: Brushless Outrunner
Size: Equivalent to or surpassing the power of a 50- to 55-size 2-stroke glow engine
Recommended Prop Range: 4S: 14 x 7 - 15 x 8; 5S: 13 x 8 - 15 x 7; 6S: 11 x 10 - 12 x 8
RPM/Volt (Kv): 590
Resistance (Ri): 0.016Ù
Idle Current (Io): 2.3A @ 18.5V
Continuous Current: 65A
Maximum Burst Current: 75A
Cells: 14-20 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 4-6S Li-Po
Speed Control: 80-Amp
Weight: 12.2 oz (346 g)
Overall Diameter: 2.00 in (50mm)
Shaft Diameter: 6mm
Shaft Length: 3.1 in (80mm)
Maximum operating temperature: 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
Adequate cooling is required for all motor operation at maximum current levels.
Maximum burst current duration is 15 seconds. Adequate time between maximum burst intervals is required.