AFX Super International 4-Lane Mega G+ Slot Car Track SetThis is the AFX Super International 4-Lane Complete & Ready-to-Run Electric Slot Car Racing Set with all-new Mega G+ cars and two Tri-Power pack systems. The Super International 4-Lane system is the ultimate value in slot car racing. With the 86 pieces of track included, you can make at least 18 different 4-lane raceway designs.
Four super realistic Formula cars mounted on the brand new Mega G+ chassis, four AFX120 controllers, two Tri-Power Packs and 50 feet of the best track you can buy - all this and you can build 18 world class race tracks with this set. Wow!
And now, like all new AFX sets, the Super International incorporates the Mega G+ Race System: the easiest slot car system to learn and the easiest to drive at the limit. More fun guaranteed!
This new system, together with TWO Tri-Power Packs, adds a whole new dimension to the fun! The TPP’s three power levels allow new drivers to learn to race without getting frustrated. And setting the level is as simple as flipping the switch on the side of the Pack.
The levels work like this:
* Depending on track layout
- Beginner: Cars will stay on the track through about 95% to 100%* of the turns even at full throttle
- Intermediate: Cars will stay on the track through about 60% to 70%* of the turns at full throttle
- Expert: You’re on your own!
All of this just adds to the already fantastic value. With 86 pieces of track you can make at least 18 different layouts in 4 lane configuration! Of course you can design your own layouts too. You’ve got everything you need to build almost any kind of track in 2 or 4 lanes – all in one box. If you wanted to buy all the track, cars and accessories in this set separately, you could pay more than twice as much. That’s what we mean when we are talking about value.
And don’t forget, this is AFX, the highest quality best performing HO slot racing system you can buy anywhere. After all this is the brand that created the hobby and then spent almost 60 years improving it. Would you expect less? Quality, performance, innovation and value, that’s why AFX is the leader in HO.
- Build at least 18 different tracks - Layout instructions and enough track to make some of the most challenging race tracks in the world
- More different types of curve - You can build almost anything you can imagine
- ’’Integrated Mega G+ Race System’’ - Lets you learn faster and drive at the limit easier than any other slot car
- ’’Brand new Mega G+ chassis'' - Lowest, lightest, best handling chassis anywhere
- 2 Tri-Power Packs - Let’s everyone learn at their own pace - perfect for families with different skill levels!
- Directional Power Packs - Both power packs let you change track direction with a flip of the plug
- ''Most powerful HO Set you can buy'’ - Compare the AFX 22 volt (at Expert level) power pack to the 17 volt versions in other people’s sets
- '' Easy plug, AFX120 Controllers’’ - Upgraded resistor tuned for easy drivability
- Tune-up Kits Included - Keep your cars running strong
What is the Mega G+ Race System?It is a Slot Car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
We achieved this by redesigning our famous Mega-G chassis, designing a new power unit and precisely mating it to our upgraded AFX120 controller and our exclusive Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation behind it, we believe the Mega G+ Race System is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car we’ve ever built.
Check out these performance features:
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
SpecificationsRunning Feet (2-lane): 50
Running Feet (4-lane): 25
Floor Space Required for Primary Track: 4’ x 11’
Number of Cars: 4
Number of Controllers: 4
Number of Power Packs: 2 Tri-Power Packs
Number of pieces of track: 86 (including terminal tracks)
Number of Bridge Trestles: 6
Number of Terminal Tracks: 2
Type of Chassis: Mega G+
Guard Rails: 20
Other: Sheet of Colored Lane Stickers (1); Tune Up kits (2)
Box Size: 19.5” x 16.5” x 6.25”
Weight: 13 lbs