This is the AFX Super Coupes Mega G+ HO Slot Car Track Set with Tri-Power module. Two of the greatest race cars of all time were Fordís GT40 and Jim Hallís Chaparral. Now they battle again in the new Super Coupes - CLEAR set. Featuring clear windshields with detailed interiors, these cars add a whole new level of realism to HO racing. And only AFX has it!
Decorated exactly as they competed in the famous Le Mans race of 1966, these beautiful cars formed the vanguard of America's effort to beat Ferrari and the Europeans for the first time in the fabled 24 hour event. In the end, the GT40s finished 1, 2 and 3 and a new era began in international motorsport.
Over the past two years three separate slot car sites: Slot Car Illustrated, Slot Car News and HO World named the AFX GT40 Slot Car of the Year. Editors and Consumers alike voted this the top HO slot car available. And now it is featured in this terrific new set.
As if that weren't enough, these beautiful bodies sit atop the all new Mega-G chassis. Lighter, faster and lower than any other HO chassis, the Mega-G brings a new level of fun to driving. And after all, isn't fun what it's all about?
To top it off you get the exclusive AFX Tri-Power Pack that lets first timers and youngsters learn how to drive at their own pace without the cars flying off the track at every corner. With Beginner, Intermediate and Expert levels you can go as slow or as fast as you like. And only AFX has it.
- The only set with HO cars molded in clear - Extraordinary detail and realism
- The Only HO cars with full color interiors - Detail no one else can match
- Tri-Power Pack - Letís everyone learn at their own pace. Only AFX has it!
- Brand new, blazing fast Mega-G chassis - The lightest, fastest, lowest HO chassis made
- Over/Under road course - Large enough to challenge, small enough to set up in about 10 minutes
- Neodymium ground effects magnets - Most powerful magnet on earth - really grips!
- Officially Licensed by Ford and Chaparral - As close as possible to the real thing
- Most powerful HO Set you can buy - Compare the AFX 22 volt power pack to the 17 volt versions in other peopleís sets
- Directional Power Pack - Letís you change track direction with a flip of the plug
- Easy plug, ProClass Controllers - Plug in or swap controllers in a snap
- Tune-up Kit Included - Keep your cars running strong
Made small to fit more realistic bodies; made light, low and powerful to handle the curves and smoke the competition: the new Mega-G chassis is a winner!
- Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis - Way more fun to drive.
- Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies.
- Lowest center of gravity - Corners better than any other chassis
- Longest wheelbase available - Better proportioned bodies
- Fastest production chassis made - Smokes the competition
- Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin - Car stays in the slot longer
- Unique Monocoque Chassis - Lighter, stronger, out-handles the competition
- Level 30 Neodymium ground effects magnets - Stays glued to the track
- High conductivity phosphor bronze pickup shoes - Gets more power to the motor
- Nylatron Chassis - Super strong and durable
- Precision balanced armature - Revs to the moon, reliably
- Polymer Motor Magnets - Up to 20% more powerful than larger ceramic magnets
Running Feet (2-lane): 12.8
Floor Space Required for Primary Track: 3í x 5 1/2í
Number of Cars: 2
Number of Controllers: 2
Number of Power Packs: 1 Tri-Power Pack
Number of pieces of track: 12 (including terminal track)
Number of Terminal Tracks: 1
Type of Chassis: Mega-G
Guard Rails: 6
Box Size: 20" x 13" x 2.625"
Weight: 5 lbs